Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sculpture by the Sea



We recently went to Bondi to Sculpture By The Sea. This was a "meetup"" with the Sydney Sketch Club. I invited Bryce and Gem to come (Grace declined). So we headed there early so as to get a good parking spot. I wore heels (not sure why) and after 13000 steps or so, I know I'll never do it again. Definitely thongs or runners. We were all inspired by what we saw. When I say "we", I mean the 5000+ people who trudged along the walkway between the beaches, looking at the artworks. The Sydney Sketch Club dd meet at Tamarama Beach (the next beach past Bondi) and I eventually met up with everyone for a few momens. Gem parked in a 2 hour zone so by the time I "met up" it was time to go. I did my sketching in the cool of our place at home. I took heaps of photos. I did only one sketch.
This sculpture was made of Huon Pine and was wonderful. It is life size. It's asking price was $15,000 and it had a sold sticker on it.
I'd love to have a go at sculpture. Well..... so many things really. Pottery. Definitely watercolours.
So watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment